Places to Visit in Humberside
Humberside, in the north east of England, was originally a county made up of areas on either side of the River Humber. The county itself no longer exists under this name, however the area as a whole is still often referred to as Humberside. There are various places and attractions worth a visit in the area. These include:
- Beverley - the market town of Beverley is worth a visit in itself for its charming markets and streets. It is also the home of Beverley Minster, Beverley Racecourse and various museums.
- Cleethorpes - Cleethorpes is a traditional English seaside resort. It has sandy beaches, a theme park, a Discovery Centre and a light railway.
- Grimsby - Grimsby is a well known fishing port which has a Fishing Heritage Centre.
- Humber Estuary - the Humber estuary is a rich source of birds and wildlife and is a popular walking/nature location.
- Kingston upon Hull - the city of Hull has plenty to keep everyone occupied. It has various shopping centres, the Humber Bridge, The Deep aquarium, a marina and various museums and theatres. .
- Waltham Windmill - based in Waltham this windmill has a Museum of Rural Life and a Victorian kitchen attached to it. There is also a miniature railway and a coffee shop/restaurant.